Are you having problems with your air conditioner? Do you plan to get it serviced? You don’t have to worry about that because general aircon servicing and aircon chemical wash are both good when done by trusted professionals. Just don’t forget that general aircon servicing is the first step. If you’re thinking about which one is better, keep on reading this post.
Whether it is general aircon servicing or aircon chemical wash, they are both important to maintain the quality of your air conditioning system. And as a homeowner, you should ensure that you are getting either of these services from a reputable aircon servicing company in Singapore.
However, you might be wondering which one is better for your unit? Well, to answer that question, we’ve listed below the difference between the two.
General Aircon Servicing
The primary goal of general aircon servicing is to check and ensure that your AC unit is working properly. This service usually consists of a series of steps including:
- Checking and cleaning the filters, fan coils, and evaporator coil
- Washing the condenser coil with water pressure (if necessary)
- Topping up of refrigerant gas (if required)
- Checking on the compressor and blower motor for any noises or overheating issues
As you can see, general aircon servicing only includes some basic maintenance checks on your unit. And it has two types: regular maintenance and major routine service. The first one is done every six months.
Aircon Chemical Wash
Aircon chemical wash is the process of flushing out all the dirt, and bacteria that may have accumulated in your air conditioner’s system. The best way to do this is by using special chemicals that will not only kill the bacteria but also give your aircon a thorough cleaning.
During Aircon Chemical Wash servicing , a technician will perform the following tasks:
- Turn off the air conditioner and open the front panel.
- Remove the filter and clean it if it is very dirty, or replace it if it is damaged.
- Spray a chemical liquid into the entire aircon parts to remove grease and dust on the evaporator coil.
- The technician will use a blower to blow out any remaining liquid in the aircon parts after cleaning is done.
- Once all liquid has been blown out, he will use a vacuum cleaner to suck out any remaining liquid in the aircon parts and then flush with water for about 5 minutes to neutralize the chemical liquid that was sprayed earlier.
- After flushing with water, a blower will be used again to blow out any remaining water inside the aircon parts before putting back all components together and turning on your air conditioner to check for normal operation.
- Check for leakage in refrigerant gas using special equipment
- Reassemble panel and tighten screws for safe operation
- Use an electrical tester to check the power supply to the unit’s terminal board
- Turn on the power supply and test if the unit is functioning properly
Chemical wash is much more effective as compared to general aircon servicing. It consists of several processes like cleaning condenser, removing fan coil unit, washing compressor, and disposal of waste products. It eliminates all the harmful elements from AC and enhances its performance. On the other hand, general aircon servicing only provides cleaning of filters and checking coolant levels. The process is not sufficient to remove all the harmful elements from AC and make it work properly.